Emotional injury studies ::
Studies and articles examining emotional injuries after a dog bite.
- Dog Bites in Children: Focus on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, by Larry Schmitt, MD, Contemporary Pediatrics, July 1, 2011. (View: related article)
- Investigation of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Children After Animal-Induced Injury in China, by Li Ji, Zhang Xiaowei, Wang Chuanlin and Liu Wei, Pediatrics, 2010 Aug;126(2):e320-4. Epub 2010 Jul 12.
- Mental Health Consequences of Trauma: The Unseen Scars, by Michael Finn Ziegler, Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Volume 11, Issue 1, Pages 57-64; March 2010.
- Selective Mutism Due to a Dog Bite Trauma in a 4-Year-Old Girl: A Case Report, by Dimitrios Anyfantakis, Emmanouil Botzakis, Evangelos Mplevrakis, Emmanouil K Symvoulakis and Ioannis Arbiros, Journal of Medical Case Reports, 3:100 November 2009.
- Psychological Impact of Trauma on Developing Children and Youth, by C. Richard Spates, Nishani Samaraweera, Brian Plaisier, Theresa Souza and Kanako Otsu, Primary care, Volume 34, Issue 2, Pages 387-405; June 2007.
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder After Dog Bites in Children, by Vincent Peters, Martine Sottiaux, Jocelyne Appelboom and André Kahn, Journal of pediatrics, Volume 144, Issue 1, Pages 121-122; January 2004.
- Symptomatology and Adaptive Functioning for Children Exposed to Normative Stressors, Dog Attack, and Parental Violence, by Rossman BR, Bingham RD, and Emde RN, Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 1997, 36:1089-1097.