Dangerous dog law studies ::
Studies, court decisions and articles about breed-specific dangerous dog laws -- examining their effectiveness, constitutionality and more -- authored by doctors, researchers and legal experts.
- Evaluating the Prevalence and Effectiveness of Breed-Specific Legislation, by Felicia E Trembath, Dissertation, Purdue University, 2016.
- Effectiveness of Breed-Specific Legislation in Decreasing the Incidence of Dog-Bite Injury Hospitalisations in People in the Canadian Province of Manitoba, by Malathi Raghavan, Patricia J Martens, Dan Chateau, and Charles Burchill, Injury Prevention, Published Online First, June 30, 2012 (View related post).
- Decline in Hospitalisations Due to Dog Bite Injuries in Catalonia, 1997–2008. An Effect of Government Regulation?, by Joan R Villalbi, Montse Cleries, Susana Bouis, Víctor Peracho, Julia Duran and Conrad Casas, Injury Prevention, December 2010;16(6):408-10.
- Dissent: State of West Virginia v. Michael Blatt and Kim Blatt, by Justice Allen H. Loughry II, Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, June 16, 2015.
- Tracey v. Solesky, On Motion For Reconsideration, No. 53, September Term, 2011, Court of Appeals of Maryland, August 21, 2012.
- Tracey v. Soleskyn, No. 53, September Term, 2011, Court of Appeals of Maryland, April 26, 2012.
- Tracey v. Solesky, No. 2207, September Term, 2009, Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, April 5, 2011.
- Denver's Pit Bull Ordinance - History and Judicial Rulings, Kory A. Nelson, Senior City Attorney for the City of Denver, April 15, 2005.
Legal and policy
- Estimated U.S. Cities, Counties, States and Military Facilities with Breed-Specific Pit Bull Laws, compiled by DogsBite.org annually, last updated December 23, 2016.
- Ban a Pit bull, Save a Life: Why the Ontario Ban against Pit bull Terriers Should Remain in Place, by Art Lightstone, 80 Minute Challenge, April 2011
- Profiling Two Sides of the Issue, edited by Bernard E. Rollin, Phd, contributions by Alan M. Beck, Sc.D. and Ledy VanKavage, Esq, Veterinary Forum, January, 2007.
- One City's Experience, by Kory A. Nelson, Senior City Attorney for the City of Denver, Municipal Lawyer, July/August 2005.
- Barking Mad? Risk Regulation and Control of Dangerous Dogs in Germany, by Martin Lodge, German Politics, Vol.10 No.3, December 2001.
- Banning the Pit Bull: Why Breed-Specific Legislation is Constitutional, by Sallyanne K. Sullivan, University of Dayton Law Review, Winter, 1988.