Recent statistics, charts and maps ::
Review the most recent national dog bite fatality statistics, including combined-year charts and state pit bull fatality maps and successful breed-specific law statistics, studies and reports.
Fatality statistics and maps
View national dog bite fatality statistics, reports and trends by DogsBite.org.
- Fatality Study: 2006 to 2008
- Fatal Dog Attacks Continue to Rise from Previous Years (August 2014)
- Fatal Dog Attacks Accelerate During First Part of Year (April 2014)
- 2013 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2012 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2011 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- View more years
National fatality charts
Download combined year national dog bite fatality charts by DogsBite.org.
State pit bull fatality maps
View Google Maps of states with the highest number of pit bull fatalities.
Watch list states
Review watch list states that have a growing number of pit bull fatalities.
BSL statistics and reports
Breed-specific law statistics
Review statistics, reports and posts about successful breed-specific laws (BSL).
- Successful BSL 2005 to 2014
- Dramatic Decline in Attacks by Pit Bulls Since Pawtucket Adopted Pit Bull Ban in 2004 (2013)
- Vote in Miami-Dade County to Repeal Pit Bull Ban Fails by Wide Margin (2012)
- New Canadian Study Shows Pit Bull Bans Result in Fewer Hospitalizations (2012)
- Texas Doctors Produce Study: Mortality, Mauling and Maiming by Vicious Dogs (2011)
Special reports and videos
Review a collection of recent special reports, posts and videos by DogsBite.org.
- Ongoing Report: Pit Bulls Lead 'Bite' Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties (2008 to 2014)
- Video: 30-Year Anniversary of Historic Pit Bull Attack Victim and The Village of Tijeras Pit Bull Ban (2014)
- Report: Texas Dog Bite Fatalities, Jan. 1, 2005 to Feb. 17, 2013
- Beyond the Interview: Essay of a Fatal Pit Bull Mauling (2013)
- Banning Pit Bulls Saves Lives and Protects the Innocent - Colleen Lynn, Guest Columnist (2013)