Dog behavior studies ::
Studies and articles examining aggressive dog behavior.
- Pit Bulls, by Gary Wilkes, Off Lead & Animal Behavior, Volume 11, Edition 1, Spring 2010.
- The 100 Silliest Things People Say About Dogs, by Alexander Semyonova, Hastings Press, 2009.
- Aggressive Behavior in Adopted Dogs that Passed a Temperament Test, by E'Lise Christensen, Janet Scarletta, Michael Campagnaa and Katherine Albro Houpta, Applied Animal Behaviour Science, Volume 106, Issues 1-3, August 2007.
- Aggressive Dog Breeds: Document nr. 1; Heritability of Behavior in the Abnormally Aggressive Dog, by A. Semyonova, The Carriage House Foundation, November 2006.
- Aggressive Dog Breeds: Document nr. 3; Backward Reasoning, Crooked Logic, Sudden Denial -- i.e., Human Pathologies, by A. Semyonova, The Carriage House Foundation, Baltimore, November 2006.
- The Care of Pit Bulls in the Shelter Environment, by Leslie D. Appel DVM, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), ShelterMedicine.com, 2005.
- Dog Bite Prevention for Law Enforcement and Other First Responders, by Randall Lockwood, PhD, Tawzer Dog Videos, 2004 (View partial transcript).
- The Ethology and Epidemiology of Canine Aggression, by Randall Lockwood, The Domestic Dog: Its Evolution, Behaviour, and Interactions with People, edited by James Serpell, Cambridge University Press, 1995.; republished in Animal Law and Dog Behavior, Ed. David Favre and Peter L. Borchelt, PhD, 1999.
- Dog Pack Attack: Hunting Humans, by Avis, Simon P. M.D. F.R.C.P.C, The American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology, Volume 20(3), September 1999, pp 243-246.
- Do's and Don'ts Concerning Vicious Dogs, by D.A. Clifford, DVM, MPH, PhD, AVMA Professional Liability Insurance Trust, 1993 (View excerpt document).
- Killer Genes Ate My Dog; Animal Behavior (Are Pit Bulls Inherently Dangerous), The Economist, June 1, 1991.
- The Pit Bull Dilemma: The Gathering Storm, by Donald H. Clifford (compiler), Kay Ann Green (editor), Ronald M. Watterson (editor), Charles Press Publishers PA, December 1990.
- Are "Pit Bulls" Different? An Analysis of the Pit Bull Terrier Controversy, by Randall Lockwood and Kate Rindy, Anthrozoos, Vol. 1 Number 1, 2-8, 1987.
- The Confinement, Handling and Care of Fighting Dogs, by Mary Past Boatfield, B Ed, Dr. Donald H. Clifford, PhD. and Judy Rubright, BS, New Methods, March 1983.
- Observations on Fighting Dogs, by Donald H. Clifford, DVM, PhD; Mary Past Boatfield, B Ed; and Judy Rubright, BS, JAMA, Vol 183, September 1983.
- Attacks by Packs of Dogs Involving Predation on Human Beings, by Borchelt PL, Lockwood R, Beck AM, and Voith VL, Public Health Reports, 98:57-66, 1983.