Donate to DogsBite.org ::
DogsBite.org is a national dog bite victims' group dedicated to reducing serious dog attacks. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible.
Donate today to help prevent a new life-altering dog mauling.
DogsBite.org began in 2007, became a registered nonprofit in 2009 and a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization in 2011. DogsBite.org is located in Austin, Texas. Learn more about our nonprofit at GuideStar.com.
Your gift allows us to continue our core activities
- Conduct and publish high quality research about U.S. fatal dog maulings, including our annual reports and combined year reports that identify underreported high-risk injury scenarios, primarily involving children.
- Track and analyze breed-specific laws by state and federal agencies, including U.S. military divisions and housing authorities; examine the success of breed-specific laws and provide access to the constitutional rulings that uphold them.
- Educate the public, law enforcement, journalists, attorneys and policymakers on the results of our research through reports, white papers, written and oral testimony, original videos, extended blog posts and news releases.
- Make our extensive research and statistical data freely available to the public, researchers, law enforcement, journalists and policymakers by maintaining a comprehensive website of over 2,200 pages and hundreds of PDF files.
- Advocate on behalf of dog bite and dog mauling victims to advance preventative policies through amicus brief filings and by providing testimony and research analysis results at city, county and state-level legislative hearings.
- Provide a platform of high visibility to ensure that victims' voices are heard -- over a hundred reports from local, regional and national newspapers have cited DogsBite.org statistical data -- and to provide a venue for sharing and support.
- Special investigative projects, including deep coverage of severe and fatal dog maulings to share with the public how victims lives are adversely affected physically, emotionally and financially and how the existing system often fails them.
- Monitor and correct dog lobbyist and advocacy misinformation and false myths; acting as the primary whistleblower combating well-funded animal "expert" groups that manipulate the truth about dangerous dog breeds, primarily pit bulls.
- Provide legislative and litigation support to municipalities and elected officials by ensuring that the leading scientific evidence and winning legal research and can be easily obtained when adopting a breed-specific ordinance or maintaining one.
- Assist newly formed nonprofits and foundations that operate under a similar mission as our own by offering consultation and guidance and by sharing state-of-the art knowledge and best practices we've documented in other jurisdictions.
Learn more about our mission, our passion and why we do what we do.