Donate to DogsBite.org ::
DogsBite.org is a national dog bite victims' group dedicated to reducing serious dog attacks. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible.
Donate today to help prevent a new life-altering dog mauling.
Your gift allows us to continue our core activities
- Conduct and publish high quality research about U.S. fatal dog maulings, including our annual reports and combined year reports that identify underreported high-risk fatal injury scenarios, primarily involving young children and the elderly.
- Educate the public, parents, law enforcement, journalists, attorneys and policymakers on the results of our research through special reports, white papers, legislative written and oral testimony, original videos and news releases.
- Make our extensive research and statistical data freely available to the public, researchers, law enforcement, journalists and dog bite victims by maintaining a comprehensive website of over 2,200 pages and hundreds of PDF files.
- Track and analyze breed-specific laws by state and federal agencies, including U.S. military divisions and housing authorities; examine the success of breed-specific laws and provide access to the constitutional rulings that uphold them.
- Advocate for dog mauling victims to advance preventative policies through amicus brief filings; write public information requests to help victims obtain information after an attack and intervene when there are dog bite victim protocol violations.
- Provide a platform of high visibility to ensure that victims' voices are heard -- over a hundred reports from local, regional and national newspapers have cited DogsBite.org statistical data -- and to provide a venue for sharing and support.
- Undertake special investigation projects, including deep coverage of severe and fatal dog maulings to share with the public how victims lives are adversely affected physically, emotionally and financially and how the existing system often fails them.
- Monitor and correct pit bull lobbyists and advocacy misinformation and false myths and act as the primary whistleblower combating well-funded animal "expert" groups that manipulate the truth about dangerous dog breeds, primarily pit bulls.
- Connect victims to private and public support groups where they can share their stories and endure the aftermath of their traumatic experience with others who have experienced a similar attack or have lost a pet in a violent dog attack.
- Advise parents who reach out to us after knowingly or unknowingly adopt a pit bull from a shelter and bring into their home. Advise all parties who are afraid to say "No" when a visiting friend or relative attempts to bring a pit bull into their home.
- Provide legislative and litigation support to municipalities and elected officials by ensuring that the leading scientific evidence and winning legal research and can be easily obtained when adopting a breed-specific ordinance or maintaining one.
- Assist newly formed nonprofits and foundations that operate under a similar mission as our own by offering consultation and guidance and by sharing state-of-the art knowledge and best practices we've documented in our over one decade past.