Dog bite fatality studies ::
Medical studies, reports and papers examining dog bite-related fatalities and statistical trends authored by public health experts, doctors, veterinarians and nonprofit organizations.
- Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to December 31, 2014 and 32-Year Summary of Pit Bull Trends (charted by DogsBite.org), by Merritt Clifton, Animals 24-7, December 31, 2014.
- Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008, by DogsBite.org, www.DogsBite.org, April 20, 2009.
- Human Fatalities Resulting From Dog Attacks in the United States, 1979–2005, by Ricky L. Langley, Wilderness & Environmental Medicine, April, 2009 ;20(1):19-25.
- Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998, by Sacks, Sinclair, Gilchrist, Golab and Lockwood, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, September 15, 2000, Vol. 217, No. 6, Pages 836-840.
- Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities United States, 1995-1996, by R Lockwood, PhD, Morbidity and Mortality Report, CDC, May 30, 1997, Vol.46, No.21.
- Fatal Dog Attacks, 1989-1994, by Sacks JJ, Lockwood R, Hornreich J, Sattin RW, Pediatrics, 1996;97:891-5.
- Dog Bite-Related Fatalities from 1979 through 1988, by J. J. Sacks, R. W. Sattin and S. E. Bonzo, JAMA 1989;262:1489-1492.
- Traumatic Deaths from Dog Attacks In the United States, by Pickney LE. Kennedy LA, Pediatrics, 1982;691:193-196.
- Human Deaths Induced by Dog Bites, United States, 1974-75, by William G. Winkler, Public Health Reports, 1977 Sep-Oct; 92(5): 425–429.