Fatal dog bite injury studies ::
Medical studies and reports examining fatal dog bite injuries and dog bite fatality statistics authored by doctors, public health experts, veterinarians and nonprofit organizations.
- U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities: Breeds of Dogs Involved, Age Groups and Other Factors Over a 13-Year Period (2005 to 2017), by DogsBite.org, May, 2018.
- Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to December 31, 2014 and 32-Year Summary of Pit Bull Trends (charted by DogsBite.org), by Merritt Clifton, Animals 24-7, December 31, 2014.
- Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008, by DogsBite.org, April 20, 2009.
- Human Fatalities Resulting From Dog Attacks in the United States, 1979–2005, by Ricky L. Langley, Wilderness & Environmental Medicine, April, 2009 ;20(1):19-25.
- Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998, by Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC and Lockwood R, J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2000 Sep 15;217(6):836-40.
- Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities United States, 1995-1996, by Lockwood R, Morbidity and Mortality Report, CDC, May 30, 1997, Vol.46, No.21.
- Fatal Dog Attacks, 1989-1994, by Sacks JJ, Lockwood R, Hornreich J and Sattin RW, Pediatrics, 1996;97:891-5.
- Dog Bite-Related Fatalities from 1979 through 1988, by Sacks JJ, Sattin RW and Bonzo SE, JAMA 1989 Sep 15;262(11):1489-92.
- Traumatic Deaths from Dog Attacks In the United States, by Pickney LE and Kennedy LA, Pediatrics, 1982;691:193-196.
- Human Deaths Induced by Dog Bites, United States, 1974-75, by William G. Winkler, Public Health Reports, 1977 Sep-Oct; 92(5): 425–429.