Nonfatal dog bite injury studies ::
Peer-reviewed retrospective medical studies published in scientific journals examining severe and nonfatal dog bite injuries at Level 1 trauma centers in all US geographical regions.
- Abstract Analysis of Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries at a Level 1 Trauma Center Over 10 Years, by Munoz KR, Powell LE, Andersen ES, Nye AD, Powers JM, Rhodes J and Pozez AL, Ann Plast Surg, 2021 Jun 1;86(6S Suppl 5):S510-S516.
- Abstract Dog-Bite Injuries to the Craniofacial Region: An Epidemiologic and Pattern-of-Injury Review at a Level 1 Trauma Center, by Khan K, Horswell B and Samanta D, J Oral Maxillofac Surg, March 2020 [2019 Nov 14, Epub] | View study highlights
- Abstract Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries in Central Texas, by Abraham JT, Czerwinski M, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, July 2019 [2018 Oct 31, Epub] | View study highlights
- Abstract Epidemiology, Socioeconomic Analysis, and Specialist Involvement in Dog Bite Wounds in Adults, by Lee, Christine J, Santos, Pauline Joy F, Vyas, Raj M, J Craniofac Surg, May 2019;30(3):753-757.
- Abstract Dog Bite Injuries to the Face: Is There Risk with Breed Ownership? A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis, by Essig G, Sheehan C, Rikhi S, Elmaraghy C and Christophel J, Int. J. Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol, Volume 117, February 2019, Pages 182-188 [2018 Nov 29, Epub] | View study highlights
- Abstract Dogs and Orthopaedic Injuries: Is There a Correlation to Breed?, by Brice J, Lindvall E, Hoekzema N, Husak L, J Orthop Trauma, 2018 Sep;32(9):e372-e375.
- Abstract Characteristics of Dog Bites in Arkansas, by Smith AM, Carlson J, Bartels AB, McLeod CB and Golinko MS, South Med J, 2018 Aug;111(8):494-500.
- An Algorithmic Approach to Operative Management of Complex Pediatric Dog Bites: 3-Year Review of a Level I Regional Referral Pediatric Trauma Hospital, by Alizadeh, K, Shayesteh, A, Xu, ML, Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open, October 2017. | View study highlights
- Characteristics of 1616 Consecutive Dog Bite Injuries at a Single Institution, by Golinko MS, Arslanian B, Williams JK, Clinical Pediatrics (Phila), April 2017;56:316–325 [July 2016, Epub] | View study highlights
- Abstract Ocular Trauma From Dog Bites: Characterization, Associations, and Treatment Patterns at a Regional Level I Trauma Center Over 11 Years, by Prendes MA, Jian-Amadi A, Chang SH and Shaftel SS, Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg, 2016 Jul-Aug;32(4):279-83 [June 2015, Epub] | View study highlights
- Contemporary Update on the Treatment of Dog Bite: Injuries to the Oral and Maxillofacial Region, by Foster MD and Hudson JW, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, May 2015 Volume 73, Issue 5, Pages 935–942.
- Abstract Morbidity of Pediatric Dog Bites: A Case Series at a Level One Pediatric Trauma Center, by Garvey EM, Twitchell DK, Ragar R, Egan JC and Jamshidi R, J Pediatr Surg, February 2015;50:343-6.
- Dog Bites of the Head and Neck: An Evaluation of a Common Pediatric Trauma and Associated Treatment, by O'Brien DC, Andre TB, Robinson AD, Squires LD and Tollefson TT, Am J Otolaryngol, 2015 Jan-Feb; 36(1): 32–38 [2014 Sep 28, Epub] | View study highlights
- Dog Bites of the Face, Head and Neck in Children, by Horswell BB and Chahine CJ, W V Med J, Nov-Dec 2011.
- Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, by Bini JK, Cohn SM, Acosta SM, McFarland MJ, Muir MT, Michalek JE; TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Ann Surg, April 2011;253:791-797 | View study highlights
- Abstract Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries: A 5-Year Review of the Experience at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, by Kaye AE, Belz JM and Kirschner RE, Plast Reconstr Surg, 2009 Aug;124(2):551-8.
- Abstract Head and Neck Dog Bites in Children, by Monroy A, Behar P, Nagy M, Poje C, Pizzuto M and Brodsky L, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2009 Mar;140(3):354-7 | View study poster
- Abstract Analysis of Nonfatal Dog Bites in Children, by Daniels DM, Ritzi RB, O'Neil J, Scherer LR, J Trauma, 2009 Mar;66(3 Suppl):S17-22.
- Abstract Dog Bites in Urban Children, by Avner JR, Baker DM, Pediatrics, 1991;88:55–57.
- Abstract Neurosurgical Sequelae of Domestic Dog Attacks in Children, by Kumar R, Deleyiannis FW, Wilkinson C and, O'Neill BR, J Neurosurg Pediatr, January 2017:24-31 [Epub 2016 Oct 21].
- Abstract Retrospective Analysis of Facial Dog Bite Injuries at a Level I Trauma Center in the Denver Metro Area, by Gurunluoglu R, Glasgow M, Arton J and Bronsert M, J Trauma Acute Care Surg, 2014 May;76(5):1294-300.
- Analysis of Pediatric Facial Dog Bites, by Chen HH, Neumeier AT, Davies BW and Durairaj VD, Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr, 2013 Dec; 6(4): 225–232.
- Abstract Pediatric Facial Fractures from Dog Bites, by Wei LA, Chen HH, Hink EM, Durairaj VD, Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg, 2013 May-Jun;29(3):179-82.
- Abstract Life-threatening dog attacks: a devastating combination of penetrating and blunt injuries, by Calkins CM, Bensard DD, Partrick DA, Karrer FM, Pediatric Surgery, 31 Jul 2001, 36(8):1115-1117.