Nonfatal dog bite injury studies ::
Peer-reviewed retrospective medical studies published in scientific journals examining severe and nonfatal dog bite injuries at Level 1 trauma centers in all US geographical regions.
- Abstract Dogs and Orthopaedic Injuries: Is There a Correlation to Breed?, by Brice J, Lindvall E, Hoekzema N, Husak L, J Orthop Trauma, 2018 Sep;32(9):e372-e375.
- Abstract Characteristics of Dog Bites in Arkansas , by Smith AM, Carlson J, Bartels AB, McLeod CB and Golinko MS, South Med J, 2018 Aug;111(8):494-500.
- An Algorithmic Approach to Operative Management of Complex Pediatric Dog Bites: 3-Year Review of a Level I Regional Referral Pediatric Trauma Hospital, by Kaveh Alizadeh, MD, MSc, FACS, Ali Shayesteh, MD, and Min Li Xu, MD, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Global Open, October 2017.
- Characteristics of 1616 Consecutive Dog Bite Injuries at a Single Institution, by Golinko MS, Arslanian B, Williams JK, Clinical Pediatrics (Phila), April 2017;56:316–325 [July 2016, Epub] (View related graphic).
- Ocular Trauma From Dog Bites: Characterization, Associations, and Treatment Patterns at a Regional Level I Trauma Center Over 11 Years, by Prendes MA, Jian-Amadi A, Chang SH and Shaftel SS, Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg, 2016 Jul-Aug;32(4):279-83 [June 2015, Epub].
- Abstract Contemporary Update on the Treatment of Dog Bite: Injuries to the Oral and Maxillofacial Region, by Foster MD and Hudson JW, J Oral Maxillofac Surg, May 2015, Volume 73, Issue 5, Pages 935–942.
- Abstract Morbidity of Pediatric Dog Bites: A Case Series at a Level One Pediatric Trauma Center, by Garvey EM, Twitchell DK, Ragar R, Egan JC and Jamshidi R, J Pediatr Surg, February 2015;50:343-6.
- Dog Bites of the Head and Neck: An Evaluation of a Common Pediatric Trauma and Associated Treatment, by O'Brien DC, Andre TB, Robinson AD, Squires LD and Tollefson TT, Am J Otolaryngol, 2015 Jan-Feb; 36(1): 32–38 [2014 Sep 28, Epub].
- Dog Bites of the Face, Head and Neck in Children, by Horswell BB, Chahine CJ, West Virginia Medical Journal, 2011 Nov-Dec;107(6):24-7.
- Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, by Bini JK, Cohn SM, Acosta SM, McFarland MJ, Muir MT, Michalek JE; TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Ann Surg, April 2011;253:791-797 (View related post).
- Abstract Pediatric Dog Bite Injuries: A 5-Year Review of the Experience at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, by Kaye AE, Belz JM and Kirschner RE, Plast Reconstr Surg, 2009 Aug;124(2):551-8.
- Abstract Head and Neck Dog Bites in Children, by Monroy A, Behar P, Nagy M, Poje C, Pizzuto M and Brodsky L, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2009 Mar;140(3):354-7 (view related study poster).
- Abstract Analysis of Nonfatal Dog Bites in Children, by Daniels DM, Ritzi RB, O'Neil J, Scherer LR, J Trauma, 2009 Mar;66(3 Suppl):S17-22.
- Abstract Dog Bites in Urban Children, by Avner JR, Baker DM, Pediatrics, 1991;88:55–57.
- Abstract Neurosurgical sequelae of domestic dog attacks in children, by Kumar R, Deleyiannis FW, Wilkinson C and, O'Neill BR, J Neurosurg Pediatr, January 2017:24-31 [Epub 2016 Oct 21].
- Abstract Retrospective analysis of facial dog bite injuries at a Level I trauma center in the Denver metro area, by Gurunluoglu R, Glasgow M, Arton J and Bronsert M, J Trauma Acute Care Surg, January 2017:24-31 [Epub 2016 Oct 21].
- Analysis of Pediatric Facial Dog Bites, by Chen HH, Neumeier AT, Davies BW and Durairaj VD, Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr, September 2013;6:225-232.