Recent statistics, charts and maps ::
Review the most recent national dog bite fatality statistics, including combined-year charts and state pit bull fatality maps and successful breed-specific law statistics, studies and reports.
Fatality statistics and maps
View national dog bite fatality statistics, reports and trends by DogsBite.org.
- 2016 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2015 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2014 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2013 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2012 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- View more years
National fatality charts
Download combined year national dog bite fatality charts by DogsBite.org.
- 12-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2016) | Discussion »
- 12-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart - Age Groups (2005 to 2016)
- 11-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2015) | Discussion »
- 11-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart - Age Groups (2005 to 2015)
- 10-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2014) | Discussion »
- 9-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2013) | Discussion »
- 9-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart - Age Groups (2005 to 2013)
State pit bull fatality maps
View Google Maps of states with the highest number of pit bull fatalities.
Watch list states
Review watch list states that have a growing number of pit bull fatalities.
BSL statistics and reports
Breed-specific law statistics
Review statistics, reports and posts about the need for breed-specific laws (BSL).
- Cities with Successful Pit Bull Laws; Data Shows Breed-Specific Laws Work (2006 to 2016)
- Ongoing Report: Pit Bulls Lead 'Bite' Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties (2008 to 2016)
- The Success of Aurora's Pit Bull Ban as Vote Nears (2014) | Voters Heavily Favor Ban - Election Results »
- Dramatic Decline in Attacks by Pit Bulls Since Pawtucket Adopted Pit Bull Ban in 2004 (2013)
- Vote in Miami-Dade County to Repeal Longstanding Pit Bull Ban Fails by Wide Margin (2012)
- New Canadian Study Shows Pit Bull Bans in Province of Manitoba Result in Fewer Hospitalizations (2012)
- Texas Doctors Produce Study: Mortality, Mauling and Maiming by Vicious Dogs (2011)
- Decline in hospitalisations due to dog bite injuries in Catalonia, 1997−2008. An effect of government regulation? (2010)
Special reports and videos
Review a collection of recent special reports, posts and videos by DogsBite.org.
- Special Report: Level 1 Trauma Center Dog Bite Studies in All U.S. Geographical Regions Report Pit Bulls Highest Prevalence
- Montreal Pit Bull Ban, What the Vets Omitted in Their Report and How the Pit Bull Lobby Operates (2016)
- Shelters Candy-Coat Dogs with Aggressive Behaviors in their Zeal to Increase 'Live Release Rate' (2016)
- Who Can Identify a Pit Bull? A Dog Owner of 'Ordinary Intelligence' Say the High Courts (2015)
- The Mechanics of a "Classic" Unprovoked Pit Bull Attack: Components Broken Down (2015)
- Video: 30-Year Anniversary of Historic Pit Bull Attack Victim and The Village of Tijeras Pit Bull Ban (2014)
- Report: Texas Dog Bite Fatalities, Jan. 1, 2005 to Feb. 17, 2013
- Beyond the Interview: Essay of a Fatal Pit Bull Mauling (2013)
- Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008