Recent statistics, charts and maps ::
Review the most recent national dog bite fatality statistics, including combined-year charts and state pit bull fatality maps and successful breed-specific law statistics, studies and reports.
Fatality statistics and maps
View national dog bite fatality statistics, reports and trends by DogsBite.org.
- 2015 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2014 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2013 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- 2012 Dog Bite Fatality Statistics
- View more years
National fatality charts
Download combined year national dog bite fatality charts by DogsBite.org.
- 11-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2015) | Discussion »
- 11-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart - Age Groups (2005 to 2015)
- 10-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2014) | Discussion »
- 9-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2013) | Discussion »
- 9-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart - Age Groups (2005 to 2013)
- 8-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Chart (2005 to 2012) | Discussion »
- 8-Year U.S. Dog Bite Fatality State Map (2005 to 2012) | Discussion »
State pit bull fatality maps
View Google Maps of states with the highest number of pit bull fatalities.
Watch list states
Review watch list states that have a growing number of pit bull fatalities.
BSL statistics and reports
Breed-specific law statistics
Review statistics, reports and posts about successful breed-specific laws (BSL).
- Successful BSL 2005 to 2014
- Aurora Citizens: Do Not Allow Pit Bulls Back into Aurora (2014) | Voters Heavily Favor Ban - Election Results »
- Dramatic Decline in Attacks by Pit Bulls Since Pawtucket Adopted Pit Bull Ban in 2004 (2013)
- Vote in Miami-Dade County to Repeal Pit Bull Ban Fails by Wide Margin (2012)
- New Canadian Study Shows Pit Bull Bans Result in Fewer Hospitalizations (2012)
- Texas Doctors Produce Study: Mortality, Mauling and Maiming by Vicious Dogs (2011)
Special reports and videos
Review a collection of recent special reports, posts and videos by DogsBite.org.
- Ongoing Report: Pit Bulls Lead 'Bite' Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties (2008 to 2016)
- Who Can Identify a Pit Bull? A Dog Owner of 'Ordinary Intelligence' Say the High Courts (2015)
- Video: 30-Year Anniversary of Historic Pit Bull Attack Victim and The Village of Tijeras Pit Bull Ban (2014)
- Report: Texas Dog Bite Fatalities, Jan. 1, 2005 to Feb. 17, 2013
- Beyond the Interview: Essay of a Fatal Pit Bull Mauling (2013)
- Banning Pit Bulls Saves Lives and Protects the Innocent - Colleen Lynn, Guest Columnist (2013)