Emotional injury studies ::
Peer-reviewed scientific medical studies and papers examining emotional injuries, including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, after dog bite trauma authored by doctors and psychiatrists.
- Dog Bites in Children: Focus on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, by Larry Schmitt, MD, Contemporary Pediatrics, July 1, 2011. (View: related article)
- Investigation of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Children After Animal-Induced Injury in China, by Li Ji, Zhang Xiaowei, Wang Chuanlin and Liu Wei, Pediatrics, 2010 Aug;126(2):e320-4. Epub 2010 Jul 12.
- Mental Health Consequences of Trauma: The Unseen Scars, by Michael Finn Ziegler, Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Volume 11, Issue 1, Pages 57-64; March 2010.
- Selective Mutism Due to a Dog Bite Trauma in a 4-Year-Old Girl: A Case Report, by Dimitrios Anyfantakis, Emmanouil Botzakis, Evangelos Mplevrakis, Emmanouil K Symvoulakis and Ioannis Arbiros, Journal of Medical Case Reports, 3:100 November 2009.
- Dog Bites: An Overview of Psychiatric Trauma and Discussion of Treatment, by Stanley L. Goodman, M.D., private practitioner (www.stanleylgoodmanmd.com). http://www.contemporarypediatrics.com/modern-medicine-now/dog-bites-children-focus-posttraumatic-stress-disorder
- Abstract Psychological Impact of Trauma on Developing Children and Youth, by C. Richard Spates, Nishani Samaraweera, Brian Plaisier, Theresa Souza and Kanako Otsu, Primary care, Volume 34, Issue 2, Pages 387-405; June 2007.
- Abstract Posttraumatic Stress Disorder After Dog Bites in Children, by Vincent Peters, Martine Sottiaux, Jocelyne Appelboom and André Kahn, Journal of pediatrics, Volume 144, Issue 1, Pages 121-122; January 2004.
- Abstract Symptomatology and Adaptive Functioning for Children Exposed to Normative Stressors, Dog Attack, and Parental Violence, by Rossman BR, Bingham RD, and Emde RN, Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 1997, 36:1089-1097.