Government dog bite studies ::
Studies and reports conducted in whole or in part by federal or state government health departments or government public health officials examining fatal and nonfatal dog bite injuries.
- Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Stays Involving Dog Bites, 2008, by Laurel Holmquist, M.A. and Anne Elixhauser, Ph.D., Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD., November 2010.
- Abstract Dog bites: still a problem?, by Gilchrist J, Sacks JJ, White D and Kresnow MJ, Injury Prevention, 2008;14:296-301 doi:10.1136/ip.2007.016220.
- Nonfatal Dog Bite--Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments --- United States, 2001, by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), 2003; 52(26): 605-610.
- Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998, by Sacks, Sinclair, Gilchrist, Golab and Lockwood, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, September 15, 2000, Vol. 217, No. 6, Pages 836-840.
- Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities United States, 1995-1996, by R Lockwood, PhD, Morbidity and Mortality Report, CDC, May 30, 1997, Vol.46, No.21.
- Fatal Dog Attacks, 1989-1994, by Sacks JJ, Lockwood R, Hornreich J, Sattin RW, Pediatrics, 1996;97:891-5.
- Dog Bites: How Big of a Problem?, by Sacks JJ, Kresnow M, Houston B, Injury Prevention, 1996; 2:52-54.
- Dog Bite-Related Fatalities from 1979 through 1988, by J. J. Sacks, R. W. Sattin and S. E. Bonzo, JAMA 1989;262:1489-1492.
- Human Deaths Induced by Dog Bites, United States, 1974-75, by William G. Winkler, Public Health Reports, 1977 Sep-Oct; 92(5): 425–429.
- Who let the dogs out? Dog bites in Arizona, Hussaini SK, Research Brief, 2014.
- Hospital-treated dog bites in Minnesota, 1998-2005, by Heather Day, RN, MPH, Jon S. Roesler, MS, and Mark Kinde, MPH, Minnesota medicine, 90(7):43-5, 47, August 2007.
- Hospitalizations Resulting from Dog Bite Injuries -- Alaska, 1991-2002, compiled by Louisa Castrodale, Int J Circumpolar Health, 2007 Sep;66(4):320-7.
- Which Dogs Bite? A Case Control Study of Risk Factors, Kenneth A. Gershman, MD, MPH, Jeffrey J. Sacks, MD, MPH and John C. Wright, PhD, Pediatrics, 1994. 93:913-7.