Government dog bite studies ::
Studies and reports conducted in whole or in part by federal or state government health departments or government public health officials examining fatal and nonfatal dog bite injuries.
- U.S. Inpatient Stays for Dog Bite Injuries (1993 to 2014) and U.S. ED Visits for Dog Bite Injuries (2006 to 2014). HCUP Nationwide Emergency Department Sample (NEDS). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project HCUP. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Accessed: December 13, 2018)
- Non-Fatal Dog Bite Injuries in the USA, 2005–2009, by J.T.Quirk, Public Health,Volume 126, Issue 4, April 2012, Pages 300-302.
- Emergency Department Visits and Inpatient Stays Involving Dog Bites, 2008, by Laurel Holmquist, M.A. and Anne Elixhauser, Ph.D., Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD., November 2010 | View study highlights
- Abstract Dog Bites: Still a Problem?, by Gilchrist J, Sacks JJ, White D and Kresnow MJ, Injury Prevention, 2008;14:296-301 doi:10.1136/ip.2007.016220.
- Nonfatal Dog Bite--Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments --- United States, 2001, by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), 2003; 52(26): 605-610 | View study highlights
- Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998, by Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC and Lockwood R, J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2000 Sep 15;217(6):836-40 | View study highlights
- Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities United States, 1995-1996, by Lockwood R, Morbidity and Mortality Report, CDC, May 30, 1997, Vol.46, No.21.
- Fatal Dog Attacks, 1989-1994, by Sacks JJ, Lockwood R, Hornreich J and Sattin RW, Pediatrics, 1996;97:891-5.
- Dog Bites: How Big of a Problem?, by Sacks JJ, Kresnow M and Houston B, Injury Prevention, 1996; 2:52-54.
- Incidence of Dog Bite Injuries Treated in Emergency Departments (1992-1994), by Weiss HB, Friedman DI and Coben JH, JAMA 1998 Jan 7;279(1):51-3 | View study highlights
- Dog Bite-Related Fatalities from 1979 through 1988, by Sacks JJ, Sattin RW and Bonzo SE, JAMA 1989 Sep 15;262(11):1489-92.
- Severe Attacks by Dogs: Characteristics of the Dogs, the Victims, and the Attack Settings, by John C Wright, Public Health Reports, 100:55–61, Jan-Feb 1985. Correction in: Public Health Reports, 100(4):363 Jul-Aug 1985.
- Unreported Dog Bites in Children, by Beck AM and Jones BA, Public Health Reports, 100(3): 315–321 May-June 1985.
- Human Deaths Induced by Dog Bites, United States, 1974-75, by William G. Winkler, Public Health Reports, 1977 Sep-Oct; 92(5): 425–429.
- Who let the dogs out? Dog bites in Arizona, Hussaini SK, Research Brief, 2014.
- Hospital-treated dog bites in Minnesota, 1998-2005, by Heather Day, RN, MPH, Jon S. Roesler, MS, and Mark Kinde, MPH, Minnesota medicine, 90(7):43-5, 47, August 2007.
- Hospitalizations Resulting from Dog Bite Injuries -- Alaska, 1991-2002, compiled by Louisa Castrodale, Int J Circumpolar Health, 2007 Sep;66(4):320-7.
- Dog Bite Rates and Biting Dog Breeds in Texas, 1995-1997, by David E Blocker, BS, MD, University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center School of Public Health (Thesis) August 2000.
- The Ecology of Dog Bite Injury in St. Louis, Missouri, by Beck A, Loring H, and Lockwood R, Public Health Reports, 90:262-269, 1975.
- Dog Bites in a U.S. County: Age, Body Part and Breed in Paediatric Dog Bites, by Sriram Ramgopal, Lauren Bealafeld Brungo, Michael R. Bykowski, Raymond D. Pitetti and Robert W. Hickey, ACTA Paediatrica, First published: 5 February 2018.
- Which Dogs Bite? A Case Control Study of Risk Factors, Gershman KA, Sacks JJ, and Wright JC, Pediatrics, 1994 Jun;93(6 Pt 1):913-7 | View study highlights