Case reports & presentations ::
Case reports, case series reports, medical literature reviews and presentations examining severe and fatal dog bite injuries, authored by doctors, plastic surgeons, forensic pathologists, and more.
- Maxillofacial management of dog bites injuries in an infant: a case report, by Carlos-Martin Ardila, Natalia Contreras-Gomez and Efrain Alvarez-Martinez, CES Odontología, Jan-June 2020.
- Abstract Anesthetic Management of a Cardiac Transplant Patient After Extensive Facial Trauma Caused by a Pit Bull Attack., by Sun HB, Antoine J, Vu G, Park CM, J Oral Maxillofac Surg, October 2019, Pages 2018.e1-2018.e4.
- Abstract Animal Bites in Emergency Medicine , by Alisha Perkins Garth, MD, Coauthor(s): N Stuart Harris, MD, FACEP, eMedicine, Updated: Sept 18, 2018.
- Multiple Open Wrist Fractures and Dislocation of the Distal Radioulnar Joint from a Dog Bite Injury, by Relyea-Chew A, Chew FS, Radiology Case Reports, 14(7):837-841, July 2019.
- Primary Repair of a Complex Panfacial Fracture by Dog Bite, by Heitz C, Louzada GP, Conci RA, Rodrigues RL and Fritscher GG, Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open, 2018 Apr 12;6(4):e1719.
- Pit Bull Attack Causing Limb Threatening Vascular Trauma -- A Case Series, by Harnarayan P, Islam S, Ramsingh C and Naraynsingh V1., Int J Surg Case Rep, 2018;42:133-137.
- Abstract Domestic Predation of an Elder: A Fatal Dog Attack Case, by Erwan Le Garff, Vadim Mesli, Yann Delannoy, Jocelyn Pollard, Anne Bécart and Valéry Hédouin Journal of Forensic Sciences, 09 June 2017.
- Abstract Outcome of Children Admitted to a Trauma Referral Center with Dog-Bite-Related Injuries, by Sinha M, Foster K and Valdez A, AAP National Conference & Exhibition, October 11-14, 2014
- Abstract Periorbital Trauma from Pit Bull Terrier Attacks, by Wladis EJ and Dewan MA, Orbit, 2012 Jun;31(3):200-2.
- Abstract Dog Bite-Related Fatalities: A 15-Year Review of Kentucky Medical Examiner Cases, by Shields LB, Bernstein ML, Hunsaker JC 3rd and Stewart DM, Am J Forensic Med Pathol, 2009 Sep;30(3):223-30.
- Omental Free-Tissue Transfer for Coverage of Complex Upper Extremity and Hand Defects--The Forgotten Flap, by Seitz IA, Williams CS, Wiedrich TA, Henry G, Seiler JG and Schechter LS, Hand (N Y), 2009 Dec;4(4):397-405.
- Pitbull Mauling Deaths in Detroit, by Loewe CL, Diaz FJ and Bechinski J, Am J Forensic Med Pathol, 2007 Dec;28(4):356-60.
- Extensive and Mutilating Craniofacial Trauma Involving Defleshing and Decapitation: Unusual Features of Fatal Dog Attacks in the Young, by Tsokos, M, Byard, R, and Puschel, K, Am J Forensic Med Pathol, 2007;28: 131-136.
- Fatal and Near-Fatal Animal Bite Injuries, by Clark MA, Sandusky GE, Hawley DA, Pless JE, Fardal PM and Tate LR, J Forensic Sci, 1991 Jul;36(4):1256-61.
- Mauling by Pit Bull Terriers: Case Report, by Baack BR, Kucan JO, Demarest G, Smoot EC, J Trauma, 29(4):517-520, April 1989.
- Pit Bull Attack: Case Report and Literature Review, by Viegas SF, Calhoun JH and Mader J, Texas Med, 1988 Nov;84(11):40-4.
- Abstract: A Review of Dog Bites in the United States from 1958 to 2016: Systematic Review of the Peer-Reviewed Literature, by Chad Bailey, MD, Katharine Hinchcliff, MD, and Lee Pu, MD, PhD, FACS, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Global Open, 2017 Abstract Supplement, Presentations at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons' Annual Meeting: Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2017, 2017 Sep; 5(9 Suppl): 172-173.
- Outcome of Children Admitted to a Trauma Referral Center with Dog-Bite-Related Injuries, by Claudia Yeung, MD, Madhumita Sinha, MD, MHSM, Kevin N. Foster, MD and Andre Valdez, PhD, AAP National Conference, October 2014 (View related article).
- A Pediatric Tertiary Referral Center’s Experience with Man’s Best Friend: Presentation, Management, and the Implications for Dog and Owner, by Michael R. Bykowski, MS, B.Phil, Sameer Shakir, BS, Darren Smith, MD, Sanjay Naran, MD, Barbara Gaines, MD, Janet Squires, MD, Joseph E. Losee, MD, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA., October 2011.
- A Ten-Year, Two-Institution Review of Pediatric Dog Attacks: Advocating for a Nationwide Prohibition of Dangerous Dogs, by Jugpal S. Arneja, MD, FRCSC, Kara Pappas, B.S., William Huettner, M.D., Arlene A. Rozzelle, M.D., Gurbalbir Singh, M.D., FRCSC., American Association of Plastic Surgeons - 2008 Annual Meeting