Pit bull ownership studies ::
Studies and research papers examining the owners of high risk dog breeds and the deviant culture of dogfighting authored by doctors, psychologists, legal and animal welfare specialists.
- Abstract The personality of “aggressive” and “non-aggressive” dog owners, by Wells DL, and Hepper PG, Personality and Individual Differences, October 2012;53: 770–773.
- Abstract Vicious Dogs Part 2: Criminal Thinking, Callousness, and Personality Styles of Their Owners, by Schenk AM, Ragatz LL and Fremouw WJ, J Forensic Sci, 2012 Jan;57(1):152-9 [Nov 2011, Epub].
- Vicious Dogs: The Antisocial Behaviors and Psychological Characteristics of Owners, by Ragatz L, Fremouw W, Thomas T and McCoy K, J Forensic Sci, 2009 May;54(3):699-703 [Mar 2009, Epub].
- Ownership of High Risk ("Vicious") Dogs as a Marker for Deviant Behaviors: Implications for Risk Assessment, by Barnes JE, Boat BW, Putnam FW, Dates HF and Mahlman AR, J Interpers Violence, 2006 Dec;21(12):1616-34.
- Views of College Students on Pit Bull "Ownership" New Providence, The Bahamas, by Tyrone J. Burrows Jr., William J. Fielding, The College of the Bahamas, Society & Animals, 13-2; 2005.
- Dog Fighting Detailed Discussion, by Hanna Gibson, Michigan State University College of Law, Animal Legal and Historical Center, 2005.
- Managing the Stigma of Outlaw Breeds: A Case Study of Pit Bull Owners, by Hillary Twining, Arnold Arluke, Gary Patronek, Tufts Center for Animals and Public Policy, Society & Animals Journal of Human-Animal Studies, Vol. 8 Number 1, 2000.
- Dogmen: The Rationalization of Deviance, by Craig J. Forsythe, Rhonda D. Evans, Texas A&M University, Society & Animals Journal of Human-Animal Studies, Vol. 6 Number 3, 1998 .
- A review of, Why We Love the Dogs We Do: How to Find the Dog That Matches Your Personality, by Stanley Coren, Ph.D., Simon and Schuster, 1998 (View the related personality test developed by Coren and published in his book).